TechNight - SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program
Time & Place
About the Event
An Extra 45 Minutes Can Provide a World of Knowledge
SPE Bergen Section would like to invite you to the TechNight with SPE Distinguished Lecturer at Nøsteboden! This is a great chance for you to keep yourself updated on latest technologies in the market and to meet your industry colleagues during the dinner after the presentations.
1. Distinguished Lecture Dave Stern: Creating Geologically Realistic Models Used for Reservoir Management
To make sensible reservoir management decisions, it is necessary to predict future reservoir performance. This allows testing and optimization of reservoir management strategies before making large investments. When displacement mechanisms change or geologic description is different from current well locations, this prediction is usually done with reservoir simulation models. Because geologic features determine the connectivity and productivity of the reservoir, it is important to ensure that models realistically represent the reservoir description in order to provide plausible predictions. Challenges associated with constructing these models include:
- Uncertainty in the geologic description – measurements are sparse, and do not always resolve the relevant features.It isn’t always known which features are relevant to reservoir performance.
- Geometry and stacking of geologicobjects like channels and lobes are difficult to represent in cellular models
- Multiple descriptions may exist that are consistent with available data
This presentation describes how reservoir models are used in making reservoir management decisions, and outlines a strategy for creating realistic reservoir models. Examples are provided of applying some elements of this strategy.
Dave Stern is a career researcher at ExxonMobil’s Upstream Research Company (URC) He joined URC in 1984 with a PhD in Chemical Engineering from University of California at Berkeley and a BS in Chemical Engineering from MIT.
2. UiB PhD student Sunniva Fredriksen:
Upscaling from lab to field: the use of CO2 for combined enhanced oil recovery and storage .
Become part of the steadily growing number of participants at SPE Bergen's tech nights!
Take part in the professional discussions and meet people within your industry. There will be dinner served at the hotel's restaurant after the presentations!
- SPE member100 kr100 kr00 kr
- Student100 kr100 kr00 kr
- Non SPE member200 kr200 kr00 kr
- Pay upon arrival0 kr0 kr00 kr